- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Spinal Injuries Diagnostic and Care at Arc of Life Chiropractic
Spinal injuries are some of the most debilitating types of injuries. Dr. Ivan Sanchez and Dr. Sabrina Sanchez at Arc of Life Chiropractic have seen a significant number of patients struggling with the onset from these spinal injuries. Through comprehensive care and treatment, our team works closely with patients to provide the best type of spinal cord recovery possible.
What Causes Spinal Injuries?
Spinal injuries can occur for a variety of reasons. Most commonly, they are the result of a wide variety of traumatic force against the spinal column. This includes any instance in which the spinal column is jarred or even damaged. Common incidents include:
- Auto accidents especially rear-endings that lead to cervical spinal cord damage and whiplash
- Sports injuries to the back, shoulders, and neck
- Physical assault in which there is damage to the neck, shoulders, or back
The spinal column is made up of a series of links called vertebrae. These bone structures work to allow the passage of the spinal cord from the brain to the base of the back. From the spinal cord, numerous nerve endings travel outward to the various areas of the body. This pathway serves as a communication highway from the brain to the body.
In severe spinal cord injuries, the bones are damaged, allowing the nerves themselves to be damaged. This breaks the communication pathway. If the spinal cord injuries are not healed fully, it can cause long-lasting damage, pain, and inability to move various areas of the body including limbs. In some cases, it is not possible to repair this damage. However, in other situations, it is possible to encourage healing.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help with Spinal Cord Recovery
Spinal cord recovery differs from one patient to the next. In nearly every situation, it is important to ensure the proper alignment of the spinal column's vertebrae, to reduce the impact it has on the spinal cord within. Chiropractic care can help in various ways. The goal will always be to open up that communication to ensure that the spinal column is properly aligned. This reduces pressure on the spinal cord, allowing for improved communication.
There are several ways chiropractic care can help including:
- Chiropractic adjustments that work to align the spinal column
- Spinal decompression can help to reduce instances of compression of the spinal column discs, or the fluid-filled sacs that cushion the vertebrae as they move
- Massage therapy aids in reducing the inflammation occurring near the nerves, which commonly leads to pain and discomfort
For patients struggling with pain due to spinal injuries, there may be help available to you. Spinal cord injuries of all types may benefit from chiropractic care.
Schedule a Consultation to Discuss Spinal Cord Injuries with Your Redondo Beach Chiropractor
Call to schedule an appointment with your Redondo Beach chiropractor to discuss your spinal cord injuries. Find out what treatment may be able to help you. Call: 310-379-3230. We look forward to meeting with you!